The Lattice‐based quantum simulation workshop in Bad Honnef, Germany (22 – 24 June, 2020) has been suspended and will be rescheduled.
Check the website of our QuantERA funded project, the InterPol collaboration.
Welcome to the research group website of Quantum Collective Dynamics in Light-Matter Systems. We are a research group based in the department of physics at University College London, led by principal investigator Prof. Marzena Szymańska. Our research topics are concerned with the collective dynamics of systems composed of light and matter, including exciton-polaritons, cavity and cirquit quantum electrodynamics and cold atoms.
- far from equilibrium quantum collective phenomena
- non-equilibrium dynamics
- dissipative and driven quantum systems
- light-matter interactions
- non-equilibrium phase transitions
- quantum coherence, decoherence and entanglement
Systems we are interested in:
- semiconductor microcavities, quantum wells and wires, excitons, polaritons
- circuit and cavity QED systems
- ultra-cold atomic gases and Feshbach resonances
Methods we use:
- non-equilibrium field theory path integrals and Green functions
- stochastic phase space methods
- quantum optics methods: Master equations, quantum jumps, stochastic Schrödinger equations